It's February 13, about six weeks post New Years eve. What were your New Years "resolutions" do you even remember? I don't.
To be more successful in my day to day life I've started being a real goal-setter. I bought this amazing agenda which is full of beautiful art and motivational quotes. But, what's more important is what I put in the agenda.
Instead of just adding in my engagements, I've started adding in goals for myself for the week
ie: Get 100 followers by Sunday, finish this project by today (long before it's due!)
- I can see where my time is going and if I am effectively managing my time
- I don't leave important projects or deadlines to the last minute
- Portioning my bigger goals into smaller pieces makes them more achievable and less daunting
- The satisfying feeling every time you check off something
- Get a Day Planner. If you don't already have one you're in luck, most are on clearance these days!
- Dream up your goal for the week, is it to promote your upcoming event?
- Break that into smaller goals for example:
Monday - Make a Facebook Post about my event
Tuesday - Call my friend/s (names) and personally invite them to come with me
Wednesday - Make another Facebook Post about my event, see if I forgot to invite any other friends
Thursday - Put up a picture on my Instagram about my event
Friday - Follow up with friend/s to make sure they're still coming!
- Check off as you complete and feel AWESOME! You are now not just a goal setter, but a Goal-Getter!
If you're having trouble getting into the hang of setting goals to up your social media presence, click here to learn more about my coaching services!